Retrofitting equipment are beneficial to Soil Mechanics laboratories that use old triaxial systems which may cause issues with reliability, productivity and testing set-up. Wykeham Farrance / Controls Group provides new, retrofit equipment for geotechnical laboratory tests, which can save you time, money and heartache!
It is a common matter for geotechnical laboratories to utilize devices (e.g. triaxial systems) that are not state-of-the-art. Those systems may become less effective and reliable over time as technology rapidly advances.
Wykeham Farrance provides exclusive modular parts that enable upgrading the testing devices and adapting them to current technologies. Moreover, the new components do not impact the working process established in each laboratory.
“Quite simply, our design philosophy ensures that Wykeham Farrance machines NEVER become obsolete and facilitates a seamless transition when adopting new technologies,” Wykeham Farrance, mentioned.
A typical retrofit configuration includes the following features:
1. Real-time Data Acquisition: A data acquisition system with an impressive sampling rate and resolution that can replace an obsolete part with poor characteristics.
2. Innovative Pressure Sources: A controller that measures volume change and pore pressure up to 1700kPa or 3500kPa utilizing an “ergonomic and removable 6 Color Touch Screen”.
3. Innovative Measuring Device: An automatic volume-change system that provides much higher accuracy (maximum 0.25% deviation from the actual value) than pre-existing manual systems.
4. Small Footprint: The system can be placed vertically or horizontally and its total size does not exceed 1,5 meters. Previous systems are bigger in dimensions and cover much more space in the laboratory.
5. Silent Air System: Usually compressed air systems add an external noise that is constant and disturbing for the lab’s staff. The new compressor functions in a “silent mode” and resolves this issue.
Controls Group also offers completely new innovative Triaxial systems that cater for a multitude of configurations to suit your requirements. For practical advice and support, you may contact the technical sales team.
As a valued customer of Wykeham Farrance / Controls Group, you will receive continuous, expert support and advice for your instruments. Full installation and training in the correct operation of your soil testing equipment is also offered. To receive support from the Customer Care Team, you can contact your local Wykeham Farrance distributor or email email@example.com.
GRL Engineers, Inc. has provided reliable testin...
Controls Group (“CONTROLS”) announced on Decembe...
During the opening ceremony, CONTROLS Group was p...
Thermal Integrity Profiling is a method that has...
Wykeham Farrance's Shearmatic EmS is a standalone...